Saturday, February 23, 2008

Iodine and Camcorder



I take the opportunity to start creating as many icons/drawings as possible now when it is winter and I got the time. The plan is to finish them up later when I don't have so much continuous time to spend on them. These (Iodine and Indium) however was finished some time ago. Lots of unfinished drawings laying in my desktop makes it easy to find something to do.



One drawing is bothering me a little;
I was planning drawing a car for Palladium to illustrate a Catalytic converter. If I draw a normal car the catalytic part wont show, a car who is nice to draw and viewed partly from down-up is hard to find and if I draw only the Catalytic converter it may be hard to recognize. These thoughts have made me put this drawing on hold, but I have to start it now so any opinion is welcome. To summon up, I can:
  • draw a normal car and the part won't show
  • draw the part without the car
  • draw a car witch show the exhaust system from behind (the part is hidden in the front)
  • wait an uncertain time until I find a car I can take a photo of from the down-up (not my favorite now, since I have been doing only this until now and it may not happend)
Status rapport from me: mainly start working on new drawings, not so much work being done on finished them, and some times consumed by experimenting.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

...or draw something else :)
«Palladium is used in dentistry,[11][12] watch making, in blood sugar test strips, in aircraft spark plugs and in the production of surgical instruments and electrical contacts.[citation needed] Palladium is also used to make professional transverse flutes.[citation needed]»
-Quoteth Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palladium)

Anonymous said...

Maybe you could draw a transition state diagram for a catalyst (i.e. the graph in:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catalyst
except with only the bottom less humpy curve.
) And then you could put an arrow point at the end of the curve, to emphasize that you're converting something...

Anonymous said...

Perhaps you can draw the car and make it transparent, except for the catalyst part?

Dione said...

For images of transparent cars, showing the catalyst, see:
http://static.hsw.com.br/gif/catalytic-converter-location.jpg
http://carsale.uol.com.br/servicos/fotos/catalisador4.jpg

Sure you'll be able do make a good drawing from one of these.

(If this commnet appears twice, it because of a crash in Akreggator while I tried to send it the first time.)

Jarle Richard Akselsen said...

Thanks for all helpful comments. Think I got another view of how to deal with it now, are just going to let it sink in a few days before I start the drawing. Again Thank you all:-)